- Grades 8-Adult
- SCANS Skills Addressed:
- Foundation Skills - Thinking Skills, Personal Qualities, Basic Skills
- Workplace Competencies - Interpersonal Skills, Systems
Learning Objectives: Players will:
1. Learn specific leadership skills that will help them guide their group or grganization toward its goals.
2. Practice implementing the skills during the game by responding to short case studies that require leadership action.
3. Understand that leadership is open to all members of a group or members of an organization, not just the elected or appointed leaders.
4. Learn the principles of ethical leadership and practice implementing them using short case studies.
5. Learn about different approaches to leadership and some of the latest theories of leadership.
This character educational board game is a fun way to learn eight specific leadership skills as well as to learn the principles of ethical leadership. Players not only learn these skills in the game but also practice them while playing the game.
Task Skills focus on moving the group forward toward achieving its objectives. People Skills focus on motivating group members to give their best and work cooperatively. The increased diversity in today's organizations makes these skills even more important. Ethical Leadership Principles focus on how to utilize the above skills in a way that is honest, respectful, legal, and fair.
©2007Franklin Learning Systems